Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pain

I've been feeling well and suddenly the severe pain in my fingers, thumb and wrist decides to rear its ugly head. The knee joined the group adding additional pain. I am sure it is the weather change we are having. It is snowing and the humidity is at 94%.  Humidity bothers my body whether in summer or in winter. I have thumb splits to use when it gets this bad and good meds to help as well. The insidious nature of fibromyalgia leaves you always wondering what you will be able to do at any given time!
Distraction also helps and I have found a site where I can get daily free reads. I have read a book a day from that site on my ipad. It is a good distraction!
We also have netflix and I love to watch interesting episodes in the evening with my husband.
Music is another good distraction and I am trying to remember to turn it on every morning. Being warm enough is another great help. Yesterday in the afternoon I suddenly got chilled and it took a while to get warm again. I also became very sensitive to smell. I should have known that was a precursor to the severe pain that showed up later.
This season of my life has a learning curve that I am getting to know and learning what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment