Sunday, January 11, 2015

Orange Soup

I have been the energizer bunny this morning, so different from yesterday! Fibromyalgia is full of surprises!
 I finished the chicken broth that I have been cooking down for two days and have set in the mudroom (unheated) to cool down it made almost three quarts and I have a large bowl of cooked white meat to use this week. It was easy to do and I am sure it will be just as tasty as the last broth I made this way.
Then after finding the squash in the back room (also unheated) all spoiled by being frozen, I thought I would check the bin under our bed. That squash was just fine. That's when I decide to make orange soup. Orange because it contains one butternut squash, two large carrots and two sweet potatoes in addition to onions, garlic and chicken broth. We just had a bowl each for lunch.  Yum.  I season it with curry and that makes it delicious.
My husband has found something for us to watch on Netfix this afternoon so I will get some rest. I know I am needing it but am full of smiles with what I was able to manage this morning.

Celebrate the good days!

2 comments:

  1. I get giddy with those GOOD days but remind myself to pace it carefully. Your broth sounds good and so does the soup. I miss my gardens. I am 63 cause you asked and I'm not shy lol. Have a nice evening, you done great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to connect with folks closer to my age. I am 71. I have had a fibromyalgia diagnosis for a couple of years but had longer. Most of the doctors I saw thought it was in my head and dismissed me. I decided to start blogging about it because it helps me see how I'm doing managing this up and done disease.

      Delete