Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Crazy Making

Pain rears its ugly head at the most inconvenient times.
Because I have a high tolerance for pain and don't remember or recognize that what I am dealing with can be alleviated. My husband often reads my face and says, "You are in pain. What have you done about it? Take some pain meds."

" I know I am in pain"
but always question whether it is hurting bad enough to go after some relief.  It's a crazy way to think about pain especially since taking the pain meds works. I become pain free . Once I feel good I question myself. "Did I really need a pain med?"
"Am I entitled to get relief? How bad is really bad?"
"What if I really need these meds later?"
So I get physical relief but don't always get emotional relief!
I feel like this constant inner dialog is making me crazy!










No comments:

Post a Comment