Sunday, February 8, 2015

Making the Best of It

I have stopped whining about cabin fever!

I have two good reasons:

1. I went shopping on Friday...got out for five hours. We had lunch at Chinese. I found some needed clothes for my husband at a reasonable price.
2. It is Sunday and I am still recovering from the excursion!

However, I feel better (emotionally) because I have the pantry full again and the freezer has some meat in it again.  It stresses me to get so low in the food department. Grocery shopping is a game for me when I try to get the best value for the least money!  I have played this game for years. It makes me feel good. It was easier when I was well and young. It is harder when the grocery stores are 40 minutes away. This time I went with both a list and seven days of meals. The list certainly helped me get done before all the energy was gone!

I did put the food away and I did put together and serve supper but...
my wonderful husband cleaned up the mess I had left and ran the dishwasher! What a guy!
Fatigue and pain had landed and decided to hang out for a couple of days.
I managed to make lunch on Saturday but ran out of energy before supper.
Today I have the turkey breast cooking and the potatoes done. Whether the energy will hold out until I serve it is questionable. We'll see.

I am trying hard to live in this day and not be anxious about any other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment