Friday, February 13, 2015

Company, Blizzards and Other Interesting Events

My body was well aware yesterday that bad weather was coming our way. The pain was relentless. Meds helped very little. Resting didn't work either. So I pushed on trying to get the downstairs free of clutter and readied for four more people (and a dog) sharing the same space as two usually do. Two and two kittens I should say.

By the way the two kittens have decided they could tolerate each other enough to play and dart out at each other as well as race through the house and up and down the stairs. What energy has arrived at our house!

Today I'm washing some extra blankets to drape over the couches and chairs so when it hits -30 wind chills and the air seeps into the house we can wrap up and be warm. Tonight it will be -18 but we all will be toasty in our beds with electric blankets and down filled comforters.

I'll do some cooking this morning, probably magic bars and cookies. I take inventory of the food we have and go to the grocery store later to pick up what we need.

My grandsons will bring fun and excitement to our home for a few days. My son called and said they would wait out the storm here since it will be just as bad at their house as here and we have a wood stove if the electricity goes off.


I am fortunate that my daughter-in-law also brings a lot of energy and she is a great cook. If I get tired she will step in. Its always easy when she is here.

I will rest awhile now as I wait for the payloader to show up and make room in the driveway for the next blizzard arriving according to the forecast early Sunday morning and hanging on until Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment