Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Return to the Quiet

I am always glad to see my grandsons and their parents as well as the grand dog. It shows me how quiet and uncluttered my home actually is. The amount of time the dishwasher ran was far more than we do. Of course there were a whole lot more dishes to be done. My wonderful daughter-in-law did all the cooking and most of the clean up. She is a treasure.
But with two growing boys and a hungry husband she serves large meals and both husband and I found ourselves overeating. By yesterday my body was feeling awful and I worked at cutting back and eating some of my regular foods. At some point yesterday I had a reaction and found myself having stinging like bites all over. I took a Claritin and it helped.  By mid day each day my body began to hurt with muscle pain, finger, hands, hip and knee achiness. Meds and rest helped.
The dog although gentle and quiet by nature scared our two cats and they spent a lot of time in the bedroom with us. His click, click , click on our floors sent them skittering under the bed.
My almost 40 son spent a day and a half building a beautiful igloo.
His kids helped at first and then his father got involved. They made it big enough to stand up inside and fit 4 or 5 people.
When they left before noon the house became very quiet. I took a pain med to catch up with the rib pain I'd been feeling and ate the lunch my husband fixed from the yummy leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment