Thursday, June 11, 2015

Red Letter Day

Do you know what it feels like to have chronic pain?  It's there and after a while you just accept it as part of who you are. Letting go of the anger (why me?) and frustration (why don't they understand?) and getting to a more peaceful place seem to be part of the work needed in dealing with chronic, unrelenting pain.
And yesterday happened. It was a red letter day! I walked and drove and shopped without pain! I smiled and kept telling my friend how happy I was to be pain free even if it was only for a day! God is so good.
Being the over curious gal that I am I wonder how this happened and how can I duplicate it today? I am learning however that that that is the wrong question. A better question would be "How can I be more thankful and embrace each new morning as it is given." 

No comments:

Post a Comment