Thursday, April 9, 2015

Magic Bars

All gooey and delicious, these bars are cooking as I type! And they are easy-peasy.  My husband has a craving for them and so do I.  The bath and kitchen repair and repaint are done and we are having a slow day.
I saw the doctor on Tuesday and had a hard time because he didn't really know me and had all kinds of advise of what I should do and how I should stop taking my pain med because I might need it later and then what would I do. He thought that exercise and not laying down so much (his interpretation of what  I said) would change my ability to get restorative sleep and have more energy. The question I asked was about the severe fatigue I had putting down for three days.
Anyway yesterday, of course because I'm stubborn , I did exercise and take a short walk. I also did some cleaning, bending and stretching , going up and down stairs. I stopped each time I felt I could not longer breathe but otherwise kept going. By supper time my sternum hurt front to back and I took a med to help with the pain. By bedtime my whole body was whacked out. My feet were burning and sensitive to touch. Breathing hurt. My fingers had severe pain, as well as my wrists and arms. My left shoulder and upper arm hurt badly and any movement that jarred it caused more pain! I threw caution to the wind and took a double dose of opiate pain meds and an anti anxiety med.  Not much help. Then I took a double of flexeril. That is something I have never done. But, thankfully I finally fell asleep and slept through the night.
I've done a good job of managing the issues of this syndrome so I don't know why I didn't just let his advice go in one ear and out the other.
Today, I have done very little because I am dealing with after effects of meds and pain. However I feel joyous that I got through it and learned something as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment