Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Beach Time and Other Happenings

I love, love, love walking on the beach.  I love the smell of the salt air. I love the brave birds/ducks that swim in the frigid water. Sunday my husband declared a day of rest and so we went to Jasper beach. It didn't matter that we had to wear our winter coats over our hooded sweatshirts.  We bought sandwiches and chips before we got there and sat and enjoyed our picnic lunch on the beach. We walked a bit and then walked back. We got to the car just as it started to rain. I was glad to have the opportunity to be near the ocean.

Monday I did inside work (made wheat bread and cookies)while my husband cut and split next years winter wood. He stacked it in the back of the garage. He only has a little bit more to cut up! I got a call from my friend who had bought my goats. The younger one had just delivered quads. I told her I'd be over but before I could leave, a huge gust of wind carried the For Sale sign away. I grabbed my coat and ran ti get it before it landed in the stream. When I came in I knew I was in trouble. The front part of my head hurt badly. I called to my husband and he came right in and helped me out. The pain had traveled from my head down my neck and into my shoulders and back. Biofreez, pain killer and flexeril did the trick. I didn't get to see the baby goats though.
Tuesday he went to orientation for his new/former job. He was a little apprehensive but managed it quite nicely. I got a second call from my friend so this time I went. She needed help getting the tiniest one to latch on.
I was able to make that happen and gave her a few tips on what she needed to do. As I drove home I thought about how much I missed my goat herd.


I welcomed my work weary husband home and we had a yummy spaghetti supper. Then off to bed early.
Today I either was talking on the phone or having company. I loved seeing all of my sister's pictures from her trip to the Outer Banks. I could tell she had a great time. I also am thrilled to see the purple finches have turn such a bright red. The means its mating season. Spring is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment