Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Day After

Spring! Spring! Oh, how I love Spring! We had it yesterday!
The temps were in the high forties and there was a soft warm breeze. Snow piles began to melt and bare patches of ground showed up here and there. But the day after Spring, today, its raw and cold. There may be a serious snowstorm on the week-end. Argh!

My broken down body does not like weather changes at all. The hips and chest hurt yesterday. The vice grip around my chest needed lots of heat and meds. Sleep did not come easily. Today I have serious pain in the whole chest wall and my knees are not sure they want to hold me up. Sometimes I can laugh through the pain. Other times it makes me very "pissy".

For me Fibromyalgia is the invisible disease of randomness. Each day there is a surprise. My husband often says, "What hurts today?" It reveals itself here, there and everywhere.  I don't know how other much younger folks than me can deal with it. I am blessed to be in the over 70 group (No kids, no work)with a wonderful caring husband who is here and is willing to make meals, pick up and do what needs to be done. This is not exactly what I thought retirement would be but it is what it is.

I do have my kittens...fun to watch. The birds at the feeder keep me interested. The computer connections with my kids and my friends is a Godsend.  And we are living one day at a time.

Here is yet another cat picture! The Siamese is outside and the gray is inside!




No comments:

Post a Comment