Monday, January 5, 2015

Twitchy Pain

How else can you describe it? Twitchy pain shows up here and there and hurts. It hurts only for a few minutes but it hurts none the less. It could be halfway down my leg. It could be in my arm. It could be in my chest wall.  I've had it near my elbow and on the side of my knee. I've been having a lot of it on and off today. In addition the Osteoarthritis at the base of each thumb is throbbing today. What an interesting existence to be having in this season of my life (I'm 71 1/2). I was always so active when we were farming, had foster kids and when I was doing my Waldorf doll business and keeping my small goat herd. I thought I would be able to make dolls into my eighties but no. Now my activities revolve around keeping the house up and making sure my sweet husband has good meals. He's a bit younger than I am and still working full time with 3 and 4 year olds. Feeding him well and keeping his clothes clean and ready is the least I can do.
He is over the top wonderful on the week-ends when in addition to taking care of the wood and all the little honey-do chores he lets me off the hook for many meals and spoils me rotten.
I really wish that a magic pill could make the "old" body perform better but I know that doesn't exist so I am content with what I have.
My two doctors have been very helpful and understanding. That has made a difference. Their has been to give me the tools to deal with the pain and not hold back.
God has been my strength and has walked with me. What more can I ask?
Here is a Waldorf doll I made last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment