Saturday, July 4, 2015

Celebrating Early!

Because Paul had the day off we decided to celebrate the fourth a day early. We arrive in Machias before noon and beat the crowd at Helen's. Our meals were delicious and dessert...wow! Paul had blueberry pie, not too sweet, just like he likes it and I had strawberry pie.  I just love strawberry pie.

We then went to Jasper Beach. It is an all rock beach that is usually uninhabited. Since it was close to the holiday I guessed that there might be 10 people there. I was right. We brought beach chairs but I sat in the rocks because they were so warm. I fell asleep and ended up with rosy cheeks from the sun.

Being there was so relaxing! I am glad we stepped away from the pressures of the farm sale long enough to get a day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment