Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Getting Into a Good Routine

I always feel better when the house is in order and a supper plan is in place. If I don't rush myself in the morning (remember I was the "hit the ground running" person) but take everything slowly I do get the house in order and don't get exhausted along the way. Eating breakfast is so important even though its hard for me to do.  Since husband leaves the house so early for work he makes his own breakfast. I am up when he leaves but just having coffee.
I move very slowly through the next hour often watching a Netflix episode while eating oatmeal. I take the early meds and cleanup the kitchen.  Then I get dressed and start a wash. I have been trying to do smaller washes so I can get through the wash, dry, fold and put away cycle. Otherwise it piles up in baskets and I feel awful.  I take lots of "sit in my recliner" rest periods and cruise the net, play a computer game or watch the birds. Anything to keep me down for at least 15 minutes.
I have a friend who drops in every day and spends at least an hour here.  That is my long rest period.
Afternoons I lay down for an hour or two. Sometimes I bake.  Sometimes I read or listen to audible books.
Fibromyalgia has made me rethink how I "do" my life but I am thankful to be able to care for my home, and keep my husband fed and in clean clothes so he can continue to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment